Possession of material riches, without inner peace, is like dying of thirst while bathing in a lake.Paramhansa Yogananda
What are riches – grandeur – health itself, to the luxury of a pure conscience, the health of the soul; – and what the sufferings of poverty, disappointment, despair – to the anguish of an afflicted one!Ann Radcliffe
There is no wealth but life.-John Ruskin
Happiness comes from understanding one basic principle. Some things are within our control and some things are not. Our opinions, ambitions, desires, and aversions are in our control. We can change the contents of our inner character. Our body, wealth, fame, and social status are not in our control. They are external to us and not our concern.
1. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
2. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
3. You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.
4. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
5. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
6. You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
7. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
8. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.
9. You cannot build character and courage by destroying men’s initiative and independence.
10. And you cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.
-William J. H. Boetcker
Treasure the love you receive above all. It will survive long after your gold and good health have vanished.
Education is not merely a means for earning a living or an instrument for the acquisition of wealth. It is an initiation into life of spirit, a training of the human soul in the pursuit of truth and the practice of virtue.
No one is truly free, they are a slave to wealth, fortune, the law, or other people restraining them from acting according to their will.
Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.
The real source of wealth and capital in this new era is not material things..it is the human mind, the human spirit, the human imagination and our faith in the future.
Wealth is like sea-water; the more we drink, the thirstier we become; and the same is true of fame.
Wealth cannot be what we want, for it serves only as a means of getting something else.