Reducing plastic usage
What can you do to reduce plastic usage?
- When going shopping, carry your own bag.
- Stop giving free plastic bags and stop accepting them.
- Use bags made of natural fibres available locally – cotton, jute etc.
- Avoid paper bags altogether. They cannot substitute for plastic bags. Save the trees.
- Pass an act or bill or something.
- If you use plastic, dispose it properly.
- If you see plastic litter, clean it up if you can.
- Replace plastic boxes with metal or wood, if you can
- Spend 10 minutes at http://www.reusablebags.com
- Teach youngsters around you that “natural is cool”.
- Spread the word.